Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Random Disconnects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random Disconnects

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

As I was playing the other day I randomly got disconnected.

Error: NET_QueuePacket: WSAENETRESET

Every 2 mins, disconnect. So I tried messing with tfc, didn't fix it.

What did fix it for me was (Windows 7):

Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Restore Defaults (left hand side)

That reset all the programs allowed through the firewall, which evidently tfc or hl had changed for some reason.. Not really sure all the details. If anyone else wants to weigh in on this, please do.

A few players have been experiencing the same problem... So I'm posting this in hopes this will also help them.

OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Disconnects

Post by Grigosha0 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Works. Thank you very much horse
Grigosha0

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:43 am

There seem to be other people having this issue on this server.
abckiller was having this exact error for quite a long time and finally got a pop up from mcafee firewall asking to let hl.exe through.
Today we were noticing that medal of honor was disconnecting and reconnecting a lot, though I couldn't get a response from medal about what was going on.
The odd thing about abckillers problem was that there were no problems connecting to other tfc servers. This server seems to use the standard ports so I'm confused about why it would seem to be peculiar to this server and why it could be resolved with a firewall change from the client's side.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ouch on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks Omni...I will let Medal Of Honor know later on today.
Ouch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Medal of Honor has been doing that for years. He rage quits then comes back so he has 0 deaths. I've heard him talk about it before lol.
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

http://botbusters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

M0N3Y wrote:Medal of Honor has been doing that for years. He rage quits then comes back so he has 0 deaths. I've heard him talk about it before lol.

ok, I was able to get info from him late last night and he confirmed that he isn't having disconnect problems. There was another player, I'm not very familiar with, who was on the server at the same time and said sometimes has the exact error omni gave above.
Sorry for the misunderstanding about medal, but I think it is worth keeping track of complaints about it as there could be something going on.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Llama on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Easykill wrote:I think it is worth keeping track of complaints about it as there could be something going on.
Unlikely, lol. It's Probably just an A/V conflict and has nothing to do with the server itself.
Chaotic Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by Ouch on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:51 pm

It wasn't a misunderstanding Easykill he's been telling me he's having problems being disconnected from the server. It was him and thanks Mon3y for that info....Learn something new every day playing this game.
Ouch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Chaotic Llama wrote:Unlikely, lol. It's Probably just an A/V conflict and has nothing to do with the server itself.

A/V?

Why would the problem be server specific and not a general problem with tfc servers?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunitic on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 am

I've only ever seen this irksome error here - and I've done all manner of fiddling with firewalls, even messed with the ports used by TFC. I still don't know what exactly is causing it or why.

Lunitic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum