Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Bot tweaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bot tweaks

Post by Faith4Dead on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:55 am

I've been playing on the server a while and when I'm alone on the server or with a new player it's very very difficult and annoying, I have major trouble dealing with the bots along with even trying to do the objective, main reason is I feel the bots are way too twitchy or "hacker" Like, they never miss a shot and since they have no connection issues this makes 1v1 against a bot of the same class or another class the most annoying thing ever, if you miss you don't react like they do you're just dead, mainly it feels like they have boosted damage or something with every weapon.

My suggestion for this would be is to lower their insane reaction time, they should be so spazzy and inhuman, make their accuracy be more so 50 50 or something like, they will fire 5 rounds but have a chance to miss you or something also they are crazy with their grenades, they should mainly not drop nades on death but only use them when per say the player is a heavy or a class that MUST be killed like a soldier or demoman or engineer, they should not just spam nades on everyone or even time them so well that when you think your last shot will end the bot he just drops a nade and you're blow to gibs.

They also have very strange or annoying things that they do, mainly if a sniper spots you and you hide, he knows where you are 24/7 until he kills you which is very very annoying as I was sniping in a map (Rock2 or well? something like that) I spotted the sniper and shot him, I damage him then I peek out to see if he is there, turns out he ran all the way to our base and flanked me before killing me with his auto rifle, it makes no sense on why they do that.

The bots also do something very annoying and that's dodging your sniper laser so well that you can miss very frequently, no matter where you aim they know where your laser is and will do different actions, more so jump crouching along with crouching to avoid your laser yet it's not on them nor visible to them, this should be tweaked to where if the laser is in their sights and they notice it on a wall or on themselves then they should do the spazzy action to avoid your shot, not be able to see it through the wall.

The soldiers also have crazy annoying prediction so they can just airshot you or just juggle you into the air where you can't do anything but take a rocket to the face, there should be a chance where they mispredict and miss the shot, maybe hitting near you but not close enough to juggle you into the air.

I've also noticed the bots gather around the flag if it's not there so if a player goes in alone he will be killed almost instantly, what the bots should do instead is go protect their flag carrier or just wander around the base to catch some players who are alone, not camp the flag in hopes of grabbing it.

On the map avanti the bots gather at the blue spawn and will camp there to kill almost anyone who is trying to go to the first cap, they should at least have NAV to wander around the capture points to protect it rather than spawn camp players, they also seem to halt themselves to snipe a player from miles away with their shotguns which makes no sense on how they can spot the player, they should more so worry about the player closest to them rather than miles away or snipers should only spot players miles away.

The snipers also have insane headshot only accuracy which is very annoying, at times in 2fort you try to cross to the other blue spawn to only be sniped as soon as your head pokes out, the snipers should at least put their laser in a spot where players can see it OR miss their shots OR do a leg shot then a headshot.

Spies, I've noticed they cannot disguise yet if you go to the map "Basketball" and finish it you can disguise, it works fairly well until you bump into a bot then they know who you are but it seems possible to disguise and kill the bots so that should be added in to help players out.

Honest the server is fun but it's more so of "Pick this map to win because they go this one path and we spam nades!" Instead of planning and doing a plan well.

Faith4Dead

Back to top Go down

Re: Bot tweaks

Post by X on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:09 am

All I can say is don't come to this Botserver and try to play it like you would play on Drippy or so. Be inventive! Study their behaviour and you can see there are ways to own them. Don't go 1 on 1 to them unless u see they asking for Med help. The top players on this server all know how to deal with these nasty bots. If you lower their skill level it would be too easy for most regulars.
About the sniper : I agree with you on that, he's the most annoying one, instant headshot while spawn lol never misses, I'm all for disable sniper on our server. The Bot sniper is just ridiculous but there's also regular cunt players that join and who's sole intention is to teamsnipe or snipe you off map etc

If you're alone I suggest you go a heavy class like HW/Demo and spam the f00k out of them, or engie. Bots dont spot the tele's too well and if you can keep an sg up there are some pretty leet SG spots. The bots follow usually the same waypoints on the map so you know their line of attack, be smart about it. If you play with a few regulars who really want to win and help each other it's actually a lot of fun.
X

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith4Dead on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:36 pm

X wrote:All I can say is don't come to this Botserver and try to play it like you would play on Drippy or so. Be inventive! Study their behaviour and you can see there are ways to own them. Don't go 1 on 1 to them unless u see they asking for Med help. The top players on this server all know how to deal with these nasty bots. If you lower their skill level it would be too easy for most regulars.
About the sniper : I agree with you on that, he's the most annoying one, instant headshot while spawn lol never misses, I'm all for disable sniper on our server. The Bot sniper is just ridiculous but there's also regular cunt players that join and who's sole intention is to teamsnipe or snipe you off map etc

If you're alone I suggest you go a heavy class like HW/Demo and spam the f00k out of them, or engie. Bots dont spot the tele's too well and if you can keep an sg up there are some pretty leet SG spots. The bots follow usually the same waypoints on the map so you know their line of attack, be smart about it. If you play with a few regulars who really want to win and help each other it's actually a lot of fun.

I understand that I shouldn't be playing alone and should work with other players but I mainly just dislike the cheap spamming as a demo or heavy that's needed to win, really it bores me when that is needed because it's nothing challenging, I don't think the bots need to have their skill level lowered but more so tweaked so it's a more fair fight if you 1v1 them instead of the outcome being a loss or everyone going demo, soldier or HW.

I kind of agree with you on the snipers but I still think they should at least hit the legs then head or just have a chance to miss rather than not miss, I notice there are spies and they don't disguise mainly due to it being disabled, if its disabled then the spy should not be playable since it makes the class almost like a engineer who can't build.
Faith4Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno29625 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:26 pm

it is what it is
Bruno29625
Admin
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at8XN8qtG50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content