Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

BB server and TFC in general (my humble opinion)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BB server and TFC in general (my humble opinion)

Post by Supergremlin on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 pm

As we all discovered, the BB server is down  This time it doesn't appear to be due to malicious influences or server hiccups like we seen in the past, but because peeps are moving on from TFC in general (at least in my opinion).

To be honest, while other games (Counter Strike, Sven Coop, even TF2 are some examples) are still going strong, years, even decades after their initial release, TFC on the other hand, has been stagnant all this time.  Everything has been done before, numerous times.  How many times can one conquer Dustbowl and still find a sense of achievement or satisfaction from it?  Or run the scoreboard up in Silo2?

In short, TFC has become stale.  What made it so, in my opinion is the lack of modding for it (NeoTF was nice but doesn't add new objectives or goals the way the Zombie mod did for Counter Strike, or even what Sven Coop did for Half Life in general).  Don't believe me? Check the server browsers in Counter Strike 1.6 and Sven Coop. Loads of servers with people still playing. Now check the TFC server list. With another great server down it's probably down to single digits.

EDIT: Which brings me to this next question. Now that the server's offline, what's gonna happen to BB as a community? I, personally, love this little community we got. You guys are freakin' awesome. I don't want to see this community drift apart and fade the way TFC is.

What do you guys think is gonna happen?

Last edited by Supergremlin on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some sentimentalness to the post.)
Supergremlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: BB server and TFC in general (my humble opinion)

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:28 am

Just so everyone knows I've been spending a lot of time working with Xenon. They are looking into the matter, which is on their side. They are not charging us for the downtime I'll make that clear right now. They have us up to tier 2 support.

I'm keeping at them, guys please be patient. There are some things I don't understand, like what made us go down in the first place, what the holdup is, and why Xenon is taking "years" finding an answer. I'm pretty sure that by this point we could have opened up a new account and got back online.. Why they don't just restart our server from scratch is very confusing.

I'll try and keep everyone posted, but, I've been super busy lately with work. I've been communicating with Tom and John too so they are in the loop.

Thanks for sticking this out guys!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimda on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:52 am

Omni, Thank you for the update. I'm guessing that, to SuperGremlin's point, the traffic on TFC servers has become so small, that keeping a TFC Server running has dropped off the priority list at Xenon.
Maybe it's not so damning... who knows, maybe some newbie SE at Xenon messed up the back-ups and there aren't as many people there who can do it from scratch?
Time will tell... but I think we all see the writing on the wall.
BB has collected a number of great member\players, and I've enjoyed getting to know many of them.
Nimda

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno29625 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:24 am

Omni THANKS for the update.
Bruno29625
Admin
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at8XN8qtG50

Back to top Go down

Post by X on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:34 pm

Thnx Omni! And John too
X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ouch on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Super I don't agree with people leaving TFC although there are a lot of server's that are empty there are still a lot of peeps playing the game and when our server was up we had no problems getting people to come in. Right now they are all over the place, meaning other servers.

Omini I thank you for letting us know what's going on.

Ouch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Public on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:18 pm

Thank you for the update, OMNI. I, for one, will be back the second it returns online. This is a great community, which greatly enhances the gaming experience. And, this is by far the best TFC Bot server going. I don't care if TFC is stagnant, Botbusters is greatness.

General Public

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:37 am

Thanks for your kind words all. I haven't heard from xenon yet, but they are not charging us for this downtime.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:48 am

We are back up with no official reason. The message I received was basically "Hey look your server is pingable." Kind of weird.. They didn't charge us for all this downtime. I'll get the backups loaded up soon.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ouch on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks O Very Happy
Ouch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Thnx Omni!

Can you pls set on the server  mp_consistency to 0, lots of players cant join they get the grenade.mdl error
X

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuggs on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Oh shit, its Omni! BB finally brought the big guns out!

Thanks for your efforts Omni. Fuck xenon for dragging their feet. Who cares if its a 16 year old game, the same cash pays for the TFC server just the same as if it was a CS:GO server.

I'm happy to see the BB server is pseudo-back, hopefully the numbnuts at xenon have a legit backup so the server can be restored to its former glory.

Nuggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurgan on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Omni, thanks for jumping in and giving us a much needed update. Hopefully all will get back to normal soon! Smile
Kurgan

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:00 am

Ok guys another update. Some good and bad news. They got us back online - Good. They converted us to Steam Pipe - Bad. I screwed it all up lol. I sent in another ticket. Apparently they think we're mind readers and can figure out we shouldn't upload things to the old file structure that they ninja converted. I'm awaiting a reboot from them. I'll take our bots and input them into the new file structure and we should be good to go. Just a warning> I doubt things like stripper2 are going to work right anymore. My first priority is the bots. If we can get them working properly (99% chance it'll be fine) then I'll start looking into getting our custom grenades and stuff back on.

Thanks for you patience everyone!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Public on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:27 pm

Soooo close... the server shows up, starts to load... then the grenade error message. I know we are close. Thanks for pressing on.

General Public

Back to top Go down

Post by johngalt on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:50 pm

GP, it's a known issue. Search forum for fix posted by O.D.
johngalt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johngalt on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Team Fortress > Options > Video > Unchekck "Disable HD models if available
johngalt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Public on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:15 pm

"You're In Luck, John Galt Has Arrived"

Thanks.

General Public

Back to top Go down

Post by X on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 am

John: tom me mani we all got the HDmodels unchecked and several other players still cant join because of that error, its server side. You need on the server set mp_consistency to 0 instead of 1. Then EVERYBODY can join.
X

Back to top Go down

Post by johngalt on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:03 am

Until O.D. get the thing restored or reinstalled we should refrain from tweaking server settings. Too many chefs in the kitchen you know.
johngalt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:33 am

Allrighty Wink
X

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:21 pm

Well a little anti climactic update. Xenon got the server back up, I got metamod working again. Couldn't get the bots working then BAM. Server back to unresponsive. I let Xenon know and they've upgraded us to slow-as-molasses tier 2 support.

With the Steam Pipe structure I'm having serious problems getting things working! It's a nightmare to relearn. But, I'm still trying. I'll keep everyone posted best I can.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurgan on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Server is working in I guess you could call it default mode....but it is working. I unchecked the box that John mentioned (Team Fortress > Options > Video > Unchekck "Disable HD models if available).
Kurgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:12 pm

I was able to connect also by disabling HD models if available. This gets me past the model consistency problem.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 pm

That server is not the correct one. Something weird is happening. We have two servers, one is on TCAdmin, one is on Force Panel. Totally weird. Xenon is looking into what exactly is going on. The good thing is they are working with us and also not charging us for this down time.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum