Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

invite to the forum - some new maps for you

View previous topic View next topic Go down

invite to the forum - some new maps for you

Post by [rogue]Pet.id on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:59 am

Hi all it's Pet, I haven't played much in years but recently returned to tfc and was surprised that some of my maps were being played still.

navarone - I saw the thread "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" lol, and as the author I can tell you the reason. It was my first map, and I had no idea what I was doing. Never should have been released. I'm sorry. Razz

junob7 - this is actually the "production" version of navarone, however TF2 came out and it only received one playtest before tfc nearly disappeared. The last version is just called "juno", b7 was the last beta. No, I don't remember the details of what's different.

asti_r - fun little spammy map. There was an asti tournament and the pictures you see in attackers spawn were the winners.

Unfortunately I have lost a number of maps I was working on, and I do have some but they aren't complete. The ones I remember:

Port Anarchy - set in a modern city, attackers start on a container ship and work their way into the heart of the city. I've always wanted a cap on a ship, and a cap on a tall building.  This map has both. I think it's almost finished, can't recall. Probably one of my more interesting maps. Inspired by the map gotham.

raceland - basically a very small all-man-for-himself race map, where you race through an obstacle course, first one to the end gets points. Obviously meds and scouts do well, though you can use any class, not too imbalanced actually (complete)

navmurderball - I wanted to try out the murderball format, so I used the navarone map as a base. 4 teams defend the ball. Ball carrier scores 1 point every 5 secs for his team.

keepaway - another murderball style, but there are no teams, every man for himself. Points scored for possession. Interesting because the computer voice announces where you are every X seconds, so it's hard to hide. Fun layout. I think i may have lost this one, though.

BTW I have some interesting map sources from others, if you're looking for anything in particular, let me know and I'll see if I have it. Would love to play Gotham and tf_aztec again.

[rogue]Pet.id

Back to top Go down

Re: invite to the forum - some new maps for you

Post by Easykill on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:10 am

I like navarone. That, and arendal, are the two most challenging maps on the server but a lot of players get frustrated quickly and quit. Not the fault of the map.

For some reason that hasn't been figured out maps with more than 2 teams crash the server. That rules out navmurderball and gotham.

port anarchy sounds interesting.

Here is a link to asti_r :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tf_aztec:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Omni isn't here regularly so it might take a while to get a response. I'll pm omni in a week or two if there is no reply.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:09 am

I've been in contact with omni who has been busy but will have a look.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum