Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Zoom Script

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zoom Script

Post by Joker on Sun May 24, 2015 10:45 am

Hey Everybody, Joker here. What Should I Call Myself (he really needs a better name xD) asked me to share my zoom script so that he could use it, so I told him I would put it on the forum. Anybody can use it and since it's a client side config you can use it on the server, so feel free to use it yourself! Essentially this script is a config file that allows you to bind a key to the zoom alias, which is exactly the same as the sniper rifle zoom except it works with every weapon (including the crowbar lol). It's perfect for using your shotty to take out that pesky bot sniper from afar, and for taking out an sg with the engy pew pew pistol Smile

First, what you need to do, is to create the config file itself. I assume most of you know how configs and the like work but if you don't I'll give you a quick "how to". Locate your TFC directory on your hard drive. (Default location is as follows ".../steam/steamapps/common/Half Life/tfc...") All of your configs are in here. Next, all you need to do is create a blank .txt file, open it up, then under the file tab click "save as" and save it as "zoom.cfg". This may not work with all text editors and you may have just created a new text file named "zoom.cfg.txt" If this happened you can either A: use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a free text editor with more advanced options, or B: copy and paste an existing .cfg file, rename it to "zoom.cfg" and erase all of the text within.

The second step, once you have your empty "zoom.cfg" file, is to place the following text inside.

Alias "z1" "alias zv z2; fov 20"
alias "z2" "alias zv z1; fov 90"
alias "zv" "z1"
bind  "q"  "zv"

Notice that the last line of text is the bind command, and that I have bound the alias "zv" (which is the zoom) to my Q key, as I use a custom control scheme and Q is easily accessible to my finger. If you do not want Q as your zoom key, just replace the Q inside the quotes with whichever key you prefer. For example if you would like zoom to be on your ALT key it would need to look like this

bind  "alt"  "zv"

The final step is to locate your "autoexec.cfg" file within your TFC directory. This is the automatic execution config. What this means is that any commands inside the "autoexec.cfg" file will be automatically executed when you start up TFC. Within your autoexec file place the following text at the end:

exec zoom.cfg

This will ensure that the zoom config file will be loaded whenever you play. Alternately, if you don't wish it to be loaded every time, you can leave it out of the autoexec and just open the console with the tilde key ("~" located to the left of your 1 key) and type the above into the console whenever you wish to use the zoom script.

For anyone who wishes to just plop the config in their TFC folder without making it themselves, download it from my cloud drive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Just don't forget to bind zoom to your preferred key and add the command to your autoexec if you do this!
Joker

Back to top Go down

Re: Zoom Script

Post by Easykill on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:15 am

Thank you joker !

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum