Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

What happened tonight/recent events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What happened tonight/recent events

Post by Ivanthegreat on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi guys, so there was an unfortunate series of events tonight on the server. Before I get to that, let me talk about some recent trends. There is a player who has recently been calling themselves "Ivana play Bingo", mocking me, perhaps in an attempt to piss me off or whatever. It would not be such a big deal, except they have kept this semi-impersonation name for a long time now and don't seem to be changing it. This might be a regular player who's "real name" we know, but I forget who it was. As if that wasn't bad enough, there have been a couple of other times where a third person has used an altered version of my name to also make fun of me.

What happened tonight is we were playing Dustbowl. I joined in stage 2, we were pushing forward and it was hard and it took me a while to get a sentry up middle-map. A short while after I had my sentry up "What Should I call Myself" came in and magically teleported behind the bots' spawn like he can do and got the gren pack back there and started spamming their spawn exit with mirvs. This would not have been such a big deal but of course someone grabbed the flag and capped real quick while all the bots were dead. So for a change, to try to avoid this too-quick-for-fun series of events in stage 3 and draw it out so we could take some time building stuff, I grabbed the flag in stage 3 and held it. Moved forward only as far as the first bot spawn exit, built a sentry there and guarded it so it would be safe for people to go by. Then I was asking everyone if they would RTV so we could vote for the next map. Well, "Ivana Play Bingo" and a couple others, including "Tanya the Hairy Circus Girl" were complaining that I was holding the flag and I explained I was doing it so we could enjoy the map and also have a chance to vote. They were pissed off, they were encouraging people NOT to vote in order to punish me for trying to encourage a map vote. I did not want to play the default map Subway since we play it too much and I am bored with it (and I assume other people might be too?)

So then they got their "revenge" on me since Dustbowl times out before you get an automatic mapvote and we did not have enough RTV and it went to Subway anyway. Then "Tanya the Hairy Circus Girl" said about me "oh he is a jerk, we have had problems with him before". So I wasn't real happy about him talking bad about me like that so I cussed at him and said I will call him a jerk too. So at that point some admin kicked me. Is Tanya an admin? Some other possible culprits are "What Should I call Myself" who was on, and perhaps "Ivana Play Bingo" who had left but may have been lurking in spectator if he is an admin. Anyway, this is admin abuse, and is unacceptable. I almost never get kicked from this server, and have never been banned. "Holding the flag" on an A/D map like dustbowl in order to prolong play and trap the bots in spawn is a common practice, and we often do it and enjoy it. And especially, on a final stage to encourage a mapvote so we can pick a map that has not been overplayed recently and so is boring like Subway. I don't appreciate being treated like this when I am just trying to get a good map to play next for everyone's benefit.

Ivanthegreat

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened tonight/recent events

Post by Supergremlin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Come to think of it that Ivana Play Bingo guy does seem very familiar. One thing I have noticed about him he sometimes plays one of the Tom soundbytes and follows it up with the "aaaaaaaahhhhhh ahhhh" twice. I've seen another player do that before, I think it was Kurgan but I'm not entirely sure. Don't know how much that helps, if it does.
Supergremlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno29625 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:14 pm

You are correct Supergremlin (once again Laughing ) that was Kurgan that did that, and i have not seen him around lately.
Bruno29625
Admin
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at8XN8qtG50

Back to top Go down

Post by Supergremlin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Bruno29625 wrote:You are correct Supergremlin (once again Laughing ) that was Kurgan that did that, and i have not seen him around lately.
Of course I am Bruno.  Razz

Hmm I haven't see Kurgan around either.  Coincidence?
Supergremlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimda on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:11 am

It's been years since I admin'd a TFC server so I've completely forgotten. Isn't there a quick way to get the Steam ID for a player from the console?
It would be good to know for the occasional Arse or impersonator.
Nimda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurgan on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Ivana Play Bingo is me. I don't frequent the site much, so sorry for not speaking up sooner. I got the name from one of Craig Ferguson's last shows. He made mention of it. He had some other good ones (Anita Supplement, Eileen On A Walker, etc) but I liked Ivana Play Bingo best. I've also used Ivana Pee My Pants, and maybe another name or two. Again, I picked it because it was funny, and not to taunt you Ivan.

As for complaining about you holding the flag, I don't remember the event, sorry.

I do know someone was holding the key last night or the night before on Rock2. And yes, I expressed my frustration at that individual and another individual who had the key handed off to them and also camped with it. I don't remember their reason, but it was lame.

And yes Nimda, there's an easy way to get a steam ID, type "status" in the console. It's not admin specific, anyone can do it.
Kurgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimda on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:10 am

Thanks Kurgan.

Those names remind me of the Click and CLack, the tappet brothers radio show. At the end they did credits with names like that. My favorite was one I heard the day after going in for a lower GI endoscopy....  They took Cameron Diaz' name for their resident proctologist. lol2
For those of you in Rio Linda...Camera in dee ass.
Nimda

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimda on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:05 am

Tonight this clown was a sniper on well2...shooting teammates off of catwalks and ledges. Did it most of the map in spite repeated warnings.
"Antuan Rokanten" 8517 STEAM_0:0:37961177
Nimda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum