Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

configuring map voting requirements to exclude spectators?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

configuring map voting requirements to exclude spectators?

Post by Easykill on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 pm

I promised butters I would ask about something we were discussing on the server the other day.  Butters has  played alone when there have been a number of people in spectate and has been stuck playing maps he/she didn't want to play because the spectators were counted in map vote requirements, though they were away from their machines.  Is there a way to configure the map voting so that the spectators aren't taken into account for the number requirements to call up a vote?

This also got me to thinking more about the pros and cons of reducing the percentage of rtvs required to get a vote going.   It seems like it is very difficult to get votes started as timed maps near the end and the server goes to the default a lot.   I've never been able to figure out why people won't vote as the vast majority of  people who play on the server have been around a long time.  It is still frustrating to see how often maps go to defaults and then large numbers of people leave.  On the one hand large numbers of people seem to leave with many map changes anyway.  On the other hand it seems like it would be better to have the map change to something that the people who take enough interest to vote want, rather than having it return to the default so many times a day.
At the same time I understand that you don't want just a couple of people to be able to call up votes all the time when most people are playing a map they want to play. That would be worse and could be easily abused.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: configuring map voting requirements to exclude spectators?

Post by Bruno29625 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Is there a way that ONLY admins can spectate, and no others ? that would work for me. Bruno, Butt Crack BillyBob,
Bruno29625
Admin
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at8XN8qtG50

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 pm

I actually lowered the number of rtv, it should be a people lower than it was a month or so ago.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum