Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

March 2014 Map and .wad file pack updates !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

March 2014 Map and .wad file pack updates !

Post by Easykill on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:16 pm

I am posting links to updated map packs.  Omni has signed off on this(in case anyone worries about whether this is legitimate or not).  There are two different map files. One file is maps that begin with a number or letters A through N.  The second is maps that begin with the letters O through Z. I did this to reduce the download size if people are looking for specific maps. As this is a snapshot of my game directory there may be a few maps that are not available on the botbusters server but this poses no problem. Also this is not a complete backup of every map that is or has been on the server.  It is a complete set of any maps that I have come across on the server in my multiple years of playing there. As far as I know I do not have any problems with any of the maps so hopefully this will resolve issues people are having with missing files, .wad errors,  or problems downloading maps from the server while in game.  

First and most IMPORTANT: If you are having problems with client errors with certain maps(such as security, troy, totalwar, tiger, canalzon, etc.) these issues are most probably a result of the .wad files not being downloaded properly since the steampipe update.  In most cases you probably already have properly downloaded the .bsp map files from the server.  If you have any such issues you should first download the wad.zip file, as I will describe below, and see if this resolves your problem. Only if it doesn't do you need to proceed to download the map pack files.

Note these files supercede the last map pack downloads found here, which are now obsolete:

http://botbusters.forumotion.com/t48-custom-maps-and-sound-pack-downloads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following 2 map files should be unzipped and placed into your maps directory which is typically under

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life\tfc\maps\

If you installed Steam into something other than the default directory then you will need to find your steam directory and modify the above path accordingly.  

maps 1 through N (size 122 MB):

https://app.box.com/s/ofaoernfi9t6mzckhgpd

maps O through Z (size 96 MB) :

https://app.box.com/s/fadiw96wdzn3czwdbefj

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following wad files DO NOT go in the maps directory above. Instead they belong directly in the tfc base directory at

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life\tfc\

wad.zip (size 26 MB) :

https://app.box.com/s/393tl7adx3huv17yfiu2

If people have problems or notice that something is missing please post in this thread about it.
I am interested in feedback here as to whether it is resolving problems so please post with results.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2014 Map and .wad file pack updates !

Post by Kurgan on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Need to delete the old posting as it's showing up first which may mislead people to think it's the latest.
Kurgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurgan on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Two kids_in_the_hood.bsp files. One from 2000, the other from 2011. Which is the good, and which is the bad?
Kurgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurgan on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Maps O thru Z is busting, or taking forever to download. Not sure if it's volume of peeps/site, or botched file. Will try later.
Kurgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:29 pm

"Need to delete the old posting as it's showing up first which may mislead people to think it's the latest."

That's why I put the map pack obsolete note on the thread description. There are still sound packs there and it wasn't my thread so I didn't want to delete it.

For the kids in the hood it doesn't matter. It should properly load what is needed.

People are downloading map O through Z so it is probably just a glitch.

I didn't note it because I didn't think it would get as much traffic as it has but we have already used about 10% of our monthly traffic usage for the files so please only download what you need to. The wad file should take care of most of the issues and should be tried first to see if it resolves any problems.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurgan on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:41 pm

Your original post was not the first one. So you wouldn't see it unless you scrolled down, thus they would have not read your not saying the "original" first one was obsolete. This post has bumped up to first, so that point SHOULD be mute now.
Server's still lagging. You can tell because everyone's latency is higher than normal when frames start skipping. Someone said in the server earlier that it's under a DoS attack. Is that true? If so, that sux. Don't know if changing the IP will help or not. Sad
Kurgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:11 am

http://botbusters.forumotion.com/t240-lag-issue

Let me know if the packs have resolved any issues you have had with not being able to play certain maps or getting wad errors.

edit:

Would really like feedback from people who have downloaded, and previously had problems, as to whether the problems have disappeared. If anyone is confused about anything or has questions about using the files please don't hesitate to ask.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiff on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Got everything downloaded with no problems!

Spiff

Back to top Go down

Tiger still won't load for me

Post by Sgt. Pansy on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 pm

The only map I'm still having problems with is Tiger...

Sgt. Pansy

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Did you download both the wad.zip and the O through Z map pack zip file? Tiger requires the proper wad file.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

so far so good...

Post by TwIsTeD1 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:04 am

So far all the maps I had problems loading the .WAD has worked since installing the above files. Thanks Easy Kill

TwIsTeD1

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldman on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Noticed I did not have Kandahar yesterday evening. Easykill, thanks for posting the reminder in game about the map pack downloads. I think I now have the complete set installed on my Mac. Thanks!

Oldman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum