Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

screen issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

screen issue

Post by Bloodshed BoB on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:04 pm

When I join the server it now puts up a black overlay on the right and bottom sides of my screen blocking out my view. I reinstalled everything and it did not help. it is almost like it is trying to resize my screen to a smaller size. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this I need to shred some bots and cant... Sad 
Bloodshed BoB

Back to top Go down

Re: screen issue

Post by OmniDragon on Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Ok so your screen went letterbox? Try pushing the "-" and "+" buttons on your keyboard up by backspace. I hope you didn't rebind them. Look in tfc options to change them back to default, but you will loose all your custom binds.. But that's worse case scenario.

Another option is, did it change your resolution for tfc? Check that under your video settings.

Hope this helps.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodshed BoB on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Where do I find the video settings it is not in my settings tab?
Bloodshed BoB

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:10 am

Bloodshed BoB wrote:Where do I find the video settings it is not in my settings tab?

In tfc push Esc, then Options, then Video, then middle drop box is Resolution. Play with that a few times and see if it works. Are you on an ATI graphics card?
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodshed BoB on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 am

I thought I had a gforce card of some type. I wiped my whole system right before the problem started. I might have a driver not installed right? I don't know but it is frustrating.... I have windows 7 and this is the first problem I have had...... Does anyone know how I can look up my graphics card through windows 7? FYI I have re installed windows before on this HD with no problems reconizing my hardware.....
Bloodshed BoB

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodshed BoB on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:03 am

I just noticed my countdown clock and ya, you have 10 days to give your thoughts before I get back from my vacation.... Hope you are all not freezing next week......  lol3 banana drinking joint beer beer beer beer beer 
Bloodshed BoB

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Go to the windows control panel, then device manager, then display adapters. This should tell you about your graphics card.

Did you check your tfc video options, as omni explained above. Try setting your tfc resolution to the same as your desktop resolution.
If you aren't sure of your desktop resolution you can find this in windows control panel, appearance and personalization, adjust screen resolution.

When you reinstalled did you install any motherboard chipset drivers and then update your graphics drivers?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:42 am

If you go to the geforce website, it will scan which card you have and tell you which driver to download, never been a fan of "windows issued drivers". Link below.  beer 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

http://botbusters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodshed BoB on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 pm

Great advise1 will look into it when I return Logging out and headed to the airport!!! I will have a drink for all of you..
Laterz ..  beer 
Bloodshed BoB

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodshed BoB on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Back from my cruise and a Blast!! Thanks for the replies I found that my tfc did not reset to the correct screen size and I found the correct resolution and it fixed it thanks for all the advise it really helped now time to shred some bots!!
Bloodshed BoB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum