Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

I've been banned

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I've been banned

Post by MG on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:13 am

I was repeatedly sworn at (as were a couple of other people) and then KB'ed by a player named "Laster", apparently for not playing the game the way he thinks everyone should play.  I play under the name "Spamtastico!"  Is Laster a rogue admin, or is that sort of thing acceptable?

MG

Back to top Go down

Re: I've been banned

Post by OmniDragon on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:33 pm

MG wrote:I was repeatedly sworn at (as were a couple of other people) and then KB'ed by a player named "Laster", apparently for not playing the game the way he thinks everyone should play.  I play under the name "Spamtastico!"  Is Laster a rogue admin, or is that sort of thing acceptable?

Well, I'm not sure what your experience is in tfc, but let me first say this is a bot server that regulars play on everyday. Everyone knows what to do and how to help each other. Were a close community that loves tfc and fighting bots. With that said, I did some research about what happened, let me post the chat log:

Admin: "Stop tossing bags sniper, there's nothing in them once you pick it up"

Admin: "sniper you idiot!"

Admin: "Spantastic you asshole. Don't draw the bots up the stairs"

Admin: "ego don't build there"

Admin: "ego don't build there!"

Bystander: "mani fked all sgs....lol"

Bystander: "u saw that...mani killed 3 of our sgs"

Admin: "Don't build sg at top of stairs!"

Admin: "Spantastic you fucking idiot"

You: "who kicked me and why?"

Admin: "I did asshole!"

Admin: "You were asked 4 fucking times not to bait the bots up the stairs"

You: "and I didn't bait the bots upstairs"

You: "and you need to get some perspective and not get so worked up over a game"

The map was probably smallfort and they had a teleporter in the red spawn area. See it takes a long time to get into that part of the map and build a tele. The admins/regulars get really ticked off when someone takes the tele and messes up by getting the bots attention. All the hard work they did is destroyed in a matter of seconds. The bots are like demons when it comes to that, once they see you they'll come after you. You were repeatedly walking or building at the edge of the stairs which will cause all the bots to come up and ruin the other players hard work. It wasn't that the admin was rouge, he was simply trying to get you to stop getting the bots attention. In a lot of maps the engies are crucial to the enjoyment of the other players. They can help control the bot flow and keep things fun for the other classes. I trust the admins here 100%. We are all very close. Telling an admin to "get perspective" isn't the proper way to respond to an admin especially when he/she is mad. I'll talk to him about what happened and you might get another chance. So please be patient. I'd suggest, if you do get a second chance, you listen to the admins. Keep and eye on the chat and respect all your fellow players. Were all here to have fun and kill some bots. Smile
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:15 pm

I've been playing TFC since there was TFC, all the way back to 1998, so I'm hardly new. "The admin" didn't identify himself as one, and he hardly acted like one, either, given the repeated cussing out of players and insults. Smallfort is a tiny map; with 12 or so players on a team, you're going to have people bumping in to each other and fouling things up -- that's the nature of playing on a map like that. If "Laster" doesn't have the patience or intellect to understand that, then he probably shouldn't play that map, and he certainly shouldn't have admin privileges. If he wants to get someone's attention, calling people assholes and fucking idiots isn't going to do it, except in negative ways. He sounds, frankly, like a 12 year old, and nobody is going to pay attention to a 12 year old, except to wish that they would shut up. Finally, I've been playing on your server for a couple of months, and this is the only thing remotely approaching a problem I've had; in fact, it's the only time I've ever had a problem playing online games with an admin. Looking at that transcript, I don't think anyone could reasonably conclude that the problem was with me. If all your admins behaved that way, I think you would agree, your server would be empty, except for bots and whoever was willing to take that sort of abuse.

MG

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:20 pm

All right, well I can respect that. It does get super chaotic on smallfort. But, let me assure you, Laster is not a 12 year old noob. He's a long time veteran who just wants to enjoy the game. The rules for a bot server are slightly different than the rules of pvp or competitive play. He tried to get your attention by kicking you, but instead of going on about your game you insulted him by telling him to get some perspective, even after knowing he's an admin. I've been kicked off of servers too for reasons I didn't understand. My response is usually an apology, even if I don't quite understand what I did to make them angry.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johngalt on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 pm

MG,

I apologize if your feelings got hurt or if you feel you weren't treated well.

You were kindly, with please, asked to modify your behavior as well as given a reason why you should. Not once but a total of four times. You repeatedly by action refused. You nod only disrupted the flow of the game for myself but for others as well. This will not be tolerated.

I suggest you apologize as I have done. If not peace be your journey.

JG
johngalt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:44 am

johngalt wrote:MG,

I apologize if your feelings got hurt or if you feel you weren't treated well.

You were kindly, with please, asked to modify your behavior as well as given a reason why you should. Not once but a total of four times. You repeatedly by action refused. You nod only disrupted the flow of the game for myself but for others as well. This will not be tolerated.

I suggest you apologize as I have done. If not peace be your journey.

JG

I can only assume this is sarcasm. "Fucking idiot" and "asshole" is your idea of "being asked kindly" to do some vague thing you aren't doing in the first place? Did you actually read the transcript? Did you see any "kindly" requests there? Any reasons? If there were four "kindly" requests, they would have been posted. So not only are you -- if you are "Laster" -- short tempered and ignorant about the way the game works, but you are either severely reading challenged, or dishonest and innumerate as well. Just for the sake of argument -- and since, after this series of exchanges, I realize I am a very poor fit for your server, so I have no desire to play there again -- here are the facts:

Somebody starts insulting and swearing at people -- not just at me, but others as well. Repeatedly. There were no reasons given, just vague things about "baiting bots," in between insults. On most servers, the person doing the swearing would have been warned. On THIS server, the person doing the swearing and insulting is actually the admin (but he never states that). He kicks me. I come back and ask why I was kicked, and am sworn at again, along with some nonsense about "four fucking times" (twice is only four times to the sadly innumerate). I point out that what he said was false, and then -- in a much more "kindly" way than he addressed me or anyone else -- point out that his behavior is irrational and, he's over-reacting over a game. This, according to you folks, is "insulting." I think I was more right than I knew when I said you folks need to gain some perspective. I wish y'all the best. Some of you need the good wishes.

MG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum