Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Cant get these maps to work !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant get these maps to work !

Post by Bruno29625 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 pm

I reinstalled windown 7 (fresh install) and i reinstalled team fortress classic from steam and than i downloaded our maps and sound packs .... when the server starts TIGER or OPENFIRE (thats the ONLY ones soooooo far ....... i get an error that says "cant open .wad" does ANYONE know how to fix this probles or is it something on the server that is not working ?????????????????????? REMEMBERthis is a FRESH install of windows 7 AND team fortress classic.

Any help would be appreciated
=BB= Bruno_The_Bully AKA Buster_The_Bot :-)
Bruno29625
Admin
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at8XN8qtG50

Back to top Go down

Re: Cant get these maps to work !

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Your gonna have to look in the map request topic on the forums, and look for whatever map your wanting to run. Download it and put the .wad files into the base tfc folder. Now this is where it changes. You have to put them in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life\tfc

Everything should work just fine from there. The server WON'T put them in the proper place anymore because of the new update. All the old .res files tell them to place the downloaded .wad file in the wrong (old) place now. Anyway I hope this makes sense. It's about clear as mud. Razz
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno29625 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks for the info AND help Omni
Bruno29625
Admin
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at8XN8qtG50

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Your welcome. I hope you got it working!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Public on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:53 pm

There are a few maps that crash upon loading. If anyone knows Mac OS instructions for loading wads, much obliged. Thanks.

General Public

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:09 pm

General Public wrote:There are a few maps that crash upon loading.  If anyone knows Mac OS instructions for loading wads, much obliged.  Thanks.

Did you look at the instructions and links to the map and wad files in this thread?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The instructions and locations should be much the same for the mac.  I run linux, for example, and the directory locations are the same once you get to the steam directory.  You wouldn't be looking for the windows specific "program files" directory but everything below the main steam directory is the same.  Under linux the .steam directory is a hidden directory in my home directory.   If you aren't sure where your steam directory is look for hidden folders in your home directory.  If you need more specific help I will try to find mac specific information but the instructions are pretty much the same as in the thread I linked to above and the files should work on windows, linux and mac.unless there is some uppercase/lowercase fussiness with the mac.

See if you can get the wad pack downloaded and put into the proper directory as I describe in the map pack thread. The vast majority of issues people are having are because the wad files are not downloading properly from the server.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Public on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 am

...will give it a try, thank you.

General Public

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm

The problem was the most recent tfc conversion to SteamPipe... Wad's are old, they know a different directory when made. The client/sever now has a completely different file path so the .wad tells the server to upload the file into the wrong client directory... Other than that I'm lost on how to properly make a .wad file for the new TFC file path. If anyone can enlighten us on how to make them, It would be appreciated!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Public on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Tried it and it worked. Played Calzanon (sp) for the first time. Thanks for your help.

General Public

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum