Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Steam validation rejected

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steam validation rejected

Post by swissphalanx on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 am

Hi BB's

I've purchased a iMac and waited very long for TFC to be available through Steam as Beta. I've been back online for a while now but seem to have issues with playing all of the maps on your servers. Mostly TFC will abort with the message "Steam validation rejected" (e.g. Tiger or Maya). Sometimes it will just say "Couldn't load xxxx.wad". Anyone encountered similar problems?

=BB=SwissPhalanx - Lead, follow or leave

swissphalanx

Back to top Go down

Re: Steam validation rejected

Post by Easykill on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm

You mentioned(here and on the server)

tiger
security
maya

Here are links to the maps to download them manually.
If the files already exist please OVERWRITE them with the files you download.

A couple of important points:

1. Overwrite the specific files in these archives but DON'T overwrite the entire directories or other files may be clobbered.
2. The directory structures of these archives are NOT entirely correct so you can't just decompress them into the steam directory. You need to decompress them into a junk directory, with their directory structure intact, and then manually move the files to their correct locations.
With the security file, for example, the archive directory structure is Sierra/half-life/etc. This is not correct. However all of the archives have the correct structure from the tfc directory on down so you can follow the directory structure from tfc and its subdirectories to put the files into the correct locations. So the security_r.bsp file DOES go in the tfc/maps subdirectory.
3. The wad files go into the tfc directory itself.
4. Rename the SECURITY.WAD file to all lowercase (i.e. security.wad)

Then please let us know here whether you are still seeing the steam validation error OR the wad file error with these particular maps.
It is important that we get feedback from as many people as possible who have issues. I have had one or two people say that even with all the files in place they are still having trouble but I haven't received enough feedback from enough people to be able to reach any firm conclusions about anything.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your steam directory is probably under your home directory. You may need to set your file browser to show hidden files to see it. Under linux, for example, it is /home/yourusername/.steam (the period making it hidden). Within this directory there will be steam/SteamApps/common/Half-Life/tfc directory. The location of the different files will be in various subdirectories off of the tfc directory. As I described above the archive directory structures are correct from the tfc directory on down. You need to move all the files in these archives (sound, model files, bsp files etc.) into their correct locations as they are in the archives below the tfc directory.

If you have any questions about any of this or aren't sure how to do something post back and I will hunt down information about macs(which I don't use) to help walk you through it.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swissphalanx on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:30 am

Easykill

Thanks for the links. It seems to have solved the problems I had for the maps in question. I will download from the same location any other maps that I struggle with.

Thanks a lot
Swissphalanx

swissphalanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum