Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Map request topic

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Map request topic

Post by M0N3Y on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Easykill wrote:After dustplate last night, and a discussion on the server about the bots coming through the tunnel on the third cap, I decided to try removing that and have the bots all come over the bridge. Let's see how that plays out.

Also the camping of the flag on run didn't work out. I made a new script file but, I suspect for reasons similar to the issues we had with troy, the parser wouldn't load the script. As the original run waypoints used a similar strategy of making each flag and cap point a different command point, I decided to stop fighting it and simply use the original run script and modify the command point numbers, at the flag waypoints, to match the script behavior. I have, nevertheless, included the script to make things easy for you to load. This could have some weaknesses as the bots will make a bee line to the cap point if we grab the flag(as on the green run). It will keep them from camping the start flag point though and, on the first yellow run they will be moving together as a large group. As flags return they won't run them as quickly, as they won't be camping them, but there will be more action around the map.

ok loaded up!
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

http://botbusters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Money, we played run today and the behavior was very odd and nothing like the behavior when I tested the map. I have checked the script file I included and it doesn't look like I sent the wrong one.
Could you double check that you put the updated waypoint fwp file in the Foxbot/tfc/waypoints directory AND the cfg script file I included into the Foxbot/tfc/scripts directory?
If this is correct then I will send the files again. The behavior looks to me like one or the other of these files isn't loaded.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Easykill wrote:Money, we played run today and the behavior was very odd and nothing like the behavior when I tested the map. I have checked the script file I included and it doesn't look like I sent the wrong one.
Could you double check that you put the updated waypoint fwp file in the Foxbot/tfc/waypoints directory AND the cfg script file I included into the Foxbot/tfc/scripts directory?
If this is correct then I will send the files again. The behavior looks to me like one or the other of these files isn't loaded.

Looks like the server will not accept new .cfg file nore will it allow me to delete/overwrite old file lol?
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:51 pm

M0N3Y wrote:
Easykill wrote:Money, we played run today and the behavior was very odd and nothing like the behavior when I tested the map. I have checked the script file I included and it doesn't look like I sent the wrong one.

Looks like the server will not accept new .cfg file nore will it allow me to delete/overwrite old file lol?

Hm that's odd, it's been doing that for me too. Monday I'll try to get on the server and check some stuff out. I'm wondering why it's not letting us upload somtimes. I've got a busy week so, I'll try to check at least this problem out.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Llama on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:08 am

It could be a directory or file permissions issue set by your host.

n00bs, lol What a Face
Chaotic Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 am

Chaotic Llama wrote:It could be a directory or file permissions issue set by your host.

n00bs, lol What a Face
Haha yeah. I had no problems this morning on it, other than my usual lag from my weakening modem.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Ok I added Turin. Let me know how it looks. Smile
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Its a little bit weird, coz we starting as defenders and the Bots running mostly tru the narrow ways.

After 15-20mins defending, it will be getting boring. Sad
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Whomever did the new valley_2 waypoints they are much more effective than mine. Could you post the file? I would like to look at them.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:13 am

I don't think anyone changed the valley_2 waypoints O.o At least I'm not aware of it...
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:59 am

OmniDragon wrote:I don't think anyone changed the valley_2 waypoints O.o At least I'm not aware of it...

hmmm. The defensive positions were similar to my original waypoint positions(not the update) but the bots populated and held the positions and moved much differently from the times we had played before. The snipers usually shoot at someone and then run to a different spot. This time they stayed in place. We had to use a demo and pipe people to get across the field. And the few times I got into the basement there were defenders there to kill me quickly.
I have no idea why it seemed so much stronger than it ever has before. It was very weak every other time we played it and people got bored quickly. That was why I redid it.
Maybe it was the number of people we had playing which led to faster respawning.
I've never seen a map play so differently from one time to the next.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:05 am

Easykill wrote:
OmniDragon wrote:I don't think anyone changed the valley_2 waypoints O.o At least I'm not aware of it...

hmmm. The defensive positions were similar to my original waypoint positions(not the update) but the bots populated and held the positions and moved much differently from the times we had played before. The snipers usually shoot at someone and then run to a different spot. This time they stayed in place. We had to use a demo and pipe people to get across the field. And the few times I got into the basement there were defenders there to kill me quickly.
I have no idea why it seemed so much stronger than it ever has before. It was very weak every other time we played it and people got bored quickly. That was why I redid it.
Maybe it was the number of people we had playing which led to faster respawning.

Wow yeah, that does seem alot different. We'll have to ask money if he found a new one, allthough I highly doubt it. He would have ran it by everyone before uploading it. Maybe the bots have evolved to a new level of agression! hehe... :p When I play today, I'll try to check them out!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 pm

OmniDragon wrote:
Easykill wrote:

Wow yeah, that does seem alot different. We'll have to ask money if he found a new one, allthough I highly doubt it. He would have ran it by everyone before uploading it. Maybe the bots have evolved to a new level of agression! hehe... :p When I play today, I'll try to check them out!

Nope, wasn't me.
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Valley waypoints seem exactly the same to me... Hmm. They're really good! Wish I could say the same about run_bb hehe. The bots won't even move off of the flag area. Which makes for some epic nade kills Very Happy haha. I'll make sure we've properly uploaded all the files.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Here is the first set of navarone waypoints and script file.

The run waypoints and the script file are from this link?:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe I should repost the run files. It's possible I grabbed the wrong waypoint file when making the archive. The behavior bruno describes in the bot complaints thread doesn't match the behavior I'm getting when I test the map. It sounds like the waypoint file and script file aren't matched.
Attachments
navarone.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Omni I connected the two sets of waypoints on navarone cap point one as you wanted. The bots should more aggressively move to the beach. I made no other changes, nor have I included the script file, which is unchanged.
Attachments
navaroneupdate.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunitic on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 am

May as well ask about it - there's a peculiar map called xenzone that might be fun, but would probably be a bear to waypoint.

Lunitic

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 pm

xenzone map:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if omni wants I'll put it on my to do list.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 am

Lunitic wrote:May as well ask about it - there's a peculiar map called xenzone that might be fun, but would probably be a bear to waypoint.

Yeah man, basically you have to stand still and wait for an alien to fly by in a particular command point and jump on it, wait, and get off at the cp. I think that even if you got the bots to do that they would constantly miss it. There's really no way they could see the object and wait until it came by... It would be a red defends while blue tries to cap. While that is a kickass map and I'd love to play pvp on it lol. I don't think it's a good one for bots ;D

Easykill wrote:xenzone map:
if omni wants I'll put it on my to do list.

Yeah my opinion on that map is a big ol' no lol. Others should look at it though, map wise it's kinda cool! But it would be too much work for a flag to command point map. Those really aren't anyones favorites anyway.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 am

Here is the first try at castleargh2. There is no script, just the waypoint file.
Attachments
castleargh2.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

I have run into a roadblock with castleargh3 and have moved to stack_b4.
I could not find a way to get the bots to jump over the moat and then to jump from the thin ledge on the other side of the moat through the windows. I fiddled with it for quite a while and they all just died in the water. I can post the partially completed waypoints if someone wants to try to get the first section bot offense working. As an alternative is there a way to set the map up to force a map change when red would go on offense so that only blue plays offense?

--------------

I have included the stack_b4 waypoints and a script file is included as well.
There are a few oddities that I couldn't resolve.

1. I moved the position of the snipe waypoints outside but they don't want to take the positions and when they do they spin around endlessly. They still seem to be able to target enemies though so I have left them.

2. I cannot get the engineers to use the pack in the red flag room. They insist upon running back to the spawn to resupply.

3. I put a command point 2 marker on both the top and bottom of the ladder in the blue base that passes through the lasers. The script works and the command points are changing the way they should but the bots ignored the markers on the ladder and killed themselves on the lasers. I couldn't figure out why they ignored the markers so I removed movement up the ladder.

Overall I don't think these problems are major or will have a big detrimental impact on the map, so I am going to release it. Please let me know of any problems that need to be dealt with.
Attachments
stack_b4.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 am

I uploaded castleargh2 map, res, waypoints, and added them to votable map list. I'll start working on the stack_b4 res next. Smile

Ok, just got stack_b4's goodies up. Also uploaded Easy's waypoints and configs. Smile

Thanks!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm

The remaining requests all have waypoint files already available:

1. kandahar [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. bloodtube [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. bayeaux [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Does anyone have additional requests or is there anything the admins want me to work on?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice¬≤ on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Easykill wrote:The remaining requests all have waypoint files already available:

1. kandahar [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. bloodtube [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. bayeaux [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Does anyone have additional requests or is there anything the admins want me to work on?

Yes! I have got an additional request! (sorry for creating a new account)

#1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ingame: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What's about Kandahar, cant find these map in rotation ??

buzzin_beatrice²

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm willing to work on anything the admins are willing to include.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum