Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Map request topic

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Map request topic

Post by Easykill on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 pm

omni did you make changes to the first part of troy2, especially the path up the right side when red is on offense? They never take that path.

If you haven't I may try fiddling with the waypoints again and see if I can get them to use both paths.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Easykill wrote:omni did you make changes to the first part of troy2, especially the path up the right side when red is on offense? They never take that path.

If you haven't I may try fiddling with the waypoints again and see if I can get them to use both paths.

Nope I didn't mess with the waypoints at all Smile But, that sounds good!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

junob7

Post by Easykill on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 am

I have attached a zip file containing the junob7 waypoints and script. Let me know of any issues.

If it is a problem I may have to remove the path through the pipe on cap one. Sometimes they duck there and sometimes they don't. I have left it in place for the time being. We will see how many bots stay hung up there.

I originally didn't set a path from the plane but let the bots fall into the water and pick up waypoints on the ground. This worked pretty well most of the time but a few sometimes spun around in the plane so I ran a one way path down through the sky. I have only tested it a few times but it seems to clear the plane very quickly.

Cap 4 is rather tricky because there are so many different paths to take. I knew if I tried to cover everything it would be an unpredictable mess, so I will take some time to explain why I made the decisions I did.

I took them only over the back way spawn exit, ignoring the front door, for two reasons.

1. They would be harder to trap in the spawn.
2. It automatically puts pressure on blue using the det area and sneaking in from behind over the water, while still covering the main field.

I decided not to bother trying to get the bots into the building/housing area. They won't properly use the det area on offense. It's too complicated. It would have been a distraction.

I know blue will try to set up their teles in the bunker under the 4th cap point. The bots can't target teles so I thought about leaving this area alone. Then I considered that having bots go through here would keep pressure on blue and also, because it is such a confined space, there is a good chance that grenade activity will automatically take down teles. So I decided to focus the bots through this area, rather than taking a direct path through the field. The spawn activity should keep constant pressure on the steps in the middle of the field without requiring the direct path. Having a direct path would only make it very likely that the bots would never go through the bunker. I wanted to try to minimize the number of paths to increase the probability that these areas would get bot attention.

For similar reasons, I decided to keep the pathing limited to the attackers entrance nearest the bunker area and let the bot activity flooding from the spawn, and heading to the steps, catch humans coming through the other main attacker path into the field. I, again, think this will cover the area while controlling bot behavior better than having too many paths in every direction.

Attachments
junob7.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:45 am

I'll try to get to correcting the troy2 first cap pathing tomorrow. It shouldn't take long to decide if I can do anything about it or not. I'll try to run the path out of the spawn in a roundabout way to make both paths similar in length and see what effect it has.

Then I'll get on valley II.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:38 am

Adding junob7 atm.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh man!!! bring it on!! DJ

We've just voted for junob7, but nothing happened.
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Sorry I'm having a bit of trouble with it... I'ts not wanting to upload. I'll investigate further and fix whatevers going on... Tom reported that it crashed the server earlier... I think because it was only 1/2 a map LOL.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:10 pm

OmniDragon wrote:Sorry I'm having a bit of trouble with it... I'ts not wanting to upload. I'll investigate further and fix whatevers going on... Tom reported that it crashed the server earlier... I think because it was only 1/2 a map LOL.

All set Omni! Loaded map again. I got your 6! Cool
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

http://botbusters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 pm

M0N3Y wrote:

All set Omni! Loaded map again. I got your 6! Cool

Thanks money.

I am posting a modified troy2 waypoint file.

I have made the bots go over the back way on 1 offense. It looks silly in the spawn as I have a zigzag path to lengthen it and keep them from just running through the main gate all the time but it still allows the bots to annoy the humans in the spawn when the bots are on defense.

I have tightened up the defense on cap one a bit.

I had made a mistake with the pathing on one of the sgs on 2 so the bots were never setting up there.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to get the double jump needed on cap 2, to take the back path and not fall down, but I can't get it to work. I've left it alone in frustration for the time being. I don't think it is all that necessary.
Attachments
troy2update.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:30 am

@Easykill, first of all, thanks so much for your doing in junob7! I had so much fun yesterday with all you guys! You made this map really challenging for the humans. Just good teamwork is the key to win this map. *huge thumbs up*

we lost those first round 16X:70 though. (12/13 peps) drinking

looking forward to another easykill-projects! Smile
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:12 am

Thank you beatrice, I'm glad you are enjoying it. I have heard from a number of people and it looks like it will be a popular map so it was a good recommendation.

Troy also looks to be popular.

I am going to put some additional requests into the pipeline. These were made in the game by ivan the great some time ago. I thought I would hold off on requesting them until these other things were taken care of but since people are making more requests I think I had better get them into the line for consideration. We have quite a few new maps recently so perhaps it would be better to plan them for the next month or two, rather than for immediate inclusion. They both already have waypoint files available.

Bloodtube:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bayeaux:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm posting the valley 2 waypoint file.

You were right about the teleport. I hadn't thought about the fact that they might be able to pick up the other side but I wouldn't be able to make them go through it, as they have other path options. Also I waypointed the underground and water but because the paths are so much longer they never go that way either. I can't think of any way to force this without doing something really absurd to draw out the main path. So they take one path. It will probably be weak but I'm not sure.
I spent a lot of time trying to tweak the paths and positions on the sgs so they could cover the water and door but I could not keep the bots from cutting the corner and falling off the walk so I had to move them back a bit to a less advantageous position. It still took quite a bit of work to keep them on the walk.

Was there something wrong with the updated troy2 file or do you just not like it? It would be good to get the bots over the back way on their first cap as it is a spam fest and people become bored on defense.

Attachments
the_valley_2.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 am

Easykill wrote:

Was there something wrong with the updated troy2 file or do you just not like it? It would be good to get the bots over the back way on their first cap as it is a spam fest and people become bored on defense.

OH i'm sorry man total brain fart... I havn't uploaded the updated ones yet. I'll do it tomorrow. Smile I think I started then ended up having and error. I've been having modem trouble lately.. Anyways I'll upload them..
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:50 am

Ok upped:

the_valley_2 map and waypoints

troy2 updated waypoints

!! Let the battles begin! !!

swords
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Llama on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am

OmniDragon wrote:OH i'm sorry man total brain fart... I havn't uploaded the updated ones yet. I'll do it tomorrow.
OR, maybe it's because your on playing tf2 all the time Razz

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or teh one!

Make it so number one! L33T
Chaotic Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm

This is a post to consolidate the remaining unfinished requests and add one that was asked for by someone on the server.
My suggestion would be to wait 2-3 weeks to act on these as there have been quite a few new maps added and things will get lost in the shuffle if too many are pushed out together.
I am making two lists, one of maps already waypointed and one of maps that need to be waypointed. Both lists are in the order the requests were made.

Already waypointed
------------------

1. turin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. kandahar [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. bloodtube [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4. bayeaux [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yet to be waypointed
--------------------

1. Navarone [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. castleargh2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. castleargh3 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4. stack_b4 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Trying to find another source for the dead links

Last edited by Easykill on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:42 am; edited 6 times in total

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Llama on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:49 am

Easykill wrote:2. castleargh2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] zip file may be corrupted at this location. Need someone else to confirm.

Confirmed Cool
Code:
!  C:\Administrator\castleargh2.zip: CRC failed in castleargh2.bsp. The file is corrupt
!  C:\Administrator\castleargh2.zip: The archive is corrupt

Also, you have 2 dead links...
Chaotic Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 am

Castleargh2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 am

I am posting a file with updates for the following maps

junob7:
I removed the pipe approach to cap 2 as the bots got hung up on it and added a jump point in the start area to try to increase pressure on the main road.
I removed the defense of point 3 because it is so close to point 2 that the bots never were able to get a toe hold there once 2 was lost. Instead I set cap 4 defensive area for both the 3rd and 4th command points to try to get the bots to start setting up early on 4. I also restructured 4 quite a bit as players seem uninterested in the back det way.

troy2:
I have cleaned up the problem of the bots getting hung up on the ladder on 1st attack point. I altered the pathing slightly to try to get more balance between the ladder way and the main gate. I set up some conc jump points to cap.
I removed the sg in the horse as it wasn't effective. A few other odds and ends.

The_valley_2:
I removed all the water access and underground points on offense as the bots never use them. I added defensive points in red flag area, and removed a couple of defensive points upstairs, to try to get more activity down by the flag so blue doesn't have free reign underground in red base.
Attachments
waypointsupdates.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(11 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by karl lagerfeld on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Add the worst map ever Alpine for hilarity sake and set a world record rtv.
karl lagerfeld

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:38 pm

I have tried a different approach with the first cap offensive troy2 waypoints by creating two unconnected paths and relying on the spawn randomness to determine whether they come out of the main gate or the upper way. I have tested it 3 times with groups of bots playing each other and I think it may be a good result. There are then fewer bots available to camp the flag start but I'm also finding that they don't tend to camp it as much, for some reason. I haven't done anything with the other cap points as I want to see how this works first.

I have been considering taking and extending this approach with other maps that I have been having problems with, like the_valley_2, i.e. just creating multiple unconnected paths on the map, for example one for offense and one for defense and letting the spawn point determine what the bot does. This would rely less on the bot prioritizing code and more on the randomness of the spawning to force bots into particular roles or paths.
Attachments
troy2.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Omni have a look at these the valley 2 waypoints.

I have completely restructured it with multiple separate paths from different spawn locations to let the spawning decide a lot of the movement, rather than the bot code. I also created a complete one way loop in the red basement so defenders are always moving around down there. I have tested and tweaked this quite a lot. Hopefully I haven't missed anything too obvious. I still think the bots will have problems getting to the enemy flag with any decent defense but I'm hoping it will keep the attackers on their toes and not become quite so boring so quickly.
Attachments
the_valley_2update.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Sweet! I'll check em out!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:36 pm

I want to test the run_bb map for a bit. I'm sure it isn't the final version but I want to see how the players behave with this map.
I have included the preliminary waypoints and script.

I took a different approach than the run waypoints that are included with foxbot.
Each flag and cap run is set up as a command point unit and they are flipped for the run each way.
In the foxbot waypoints each of the 4 points (2 flags and 2 caps) were set up with a separate command point and each point was turned on in turn.
The way that I did it leads to more likelihood of the bots camping the flag start point. I'm not sure that this will be such a problem, as it is in maps like troy. It may even have some advantages. This is not such a static map, the action is constantly shifting around. The flag also returns immediately on death so the flag will be in constant motion as there will be something to pick it up the moment it is dropped, rather than having to wait for everyone to backtrack, as would be more likely with the other approach.

I'm going to use essentially the same waypoints that I have set up now but do an alternate version using the approach of 4 separate command points. So I would like to play this for a while and then try the other approach and see how each plays out.

I did not bother setting up any points in the water except a few points to give the bots a way out if they fall in and aimlessly swim along the wall. It all comes out at a choke point in our spawn area so it would have been pretty pointless. I also did not bother with the building at red's spawn area. There is a pack in there but otherwise I don't see the point in bots congregating in there and I don't see a big advantage to the humans taking it over as you can't really set up effective sgs overlooking the spawn area. I don't think humans will be able to use it to dominate the area any more than they can use the balcony on casbah to dominate. If the small area underneath the spawn becomes a problem I might add a point into that room to harass blue a bit.
Attachments
run_bb.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:15 am

After dustplate last night, and a discussion on the server about the bots coming through the tunnel on the third cap, I decided to try removing that and have the bots all come over the bridge. Let's see how that plays out.

Also the camping of the flag on run didn't work out. I made a new script file but, I suspect for reasons similar to the issues we had with troy, the parser wouldn't load the script. As the original run waypoints used a similar strategy of making each flag and cap point a different command point, I decided to stop fighting it and simply use the original run script and modify the command point numbers, at the flag waypoints, to match the script behavior. I have, nevertheless, included the script to make things easy for you to load. This could have some weaknesses as the bots will make a bee line to the cap point if we grab the flag(as on the green run). It will keep them from camping the start flag point though and, on the first yellow run they will be moving together as a large group. As flags return they won't run them as quickly, as they won't be camping them, but there will be more action around the map.
Attachments
run_bb.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
dustplate_a.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum