Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Map request topic

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Map request topic

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Oh yeah, that's super easy to replace the waypoint file.

Also, yeah our server is setup to spawn a certain amount of classes:
2 scouts
1 sniper
2 soldiers
2 demomen
2 medics
1 heavy
3 pyros
1 spy
2 engineers

Ok, so I'll upload what you've done so far. Then we can dicuss it in it's own thread. Sounds good man! I'll get a .res made for dusplate_a, then upload all this stuff!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Do you have maps you would like to get on the server, but are waiting in the queue for waypoints, that you would be willing to have me play around with?

Also did you have a look at circle jerk but decide you didn't like it?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm

I'd love to play troy maps, especially troy2!

Troy

Troy2
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

http://botbusters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Easykill wrote:Also did you have a look at circle jerk but decide you didn't like it?

To be honest I couldn't find circle jerk to even look at. I found cj2.. but I think it's quite a bit different. The link I found was broken..
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:34 pm

I downloaded troy but not troy2 yet. What is the difference between them?
Granted I'm being lazy but it would save me having to run around the map and figure it out for myself.

omni cj2 is the only one i've ever played. I haven't looked at the waypoints but there is already a file.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Easykill wrote:I downloaded troy but not troy2 yet. What is the difference between them?
Granted I'm being lazy but it would save me having to run around the map and figure it out for myself.

I played troy2 once LONG ago. Never played troy. Your guess as good as mine lol
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:27 am

Easykill wrote:omni cj2 is the only one i've ever played. I haven't looked at the waypoints but there is already a file.

Ah gotcha. I'll look at it again.. To many maps in my head right now lol!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:49 am

OmniDragon wrote:
Easykill wrote:omni cj2 is the only one i've ever played. I haven't looked at the waypoints but there is already a file.

Ah gotcha. I'll look at it again.. To many maps in my head right now lol!

Not trying to push you to hurry. I just wondered if you had decided against it for some reason.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:10 pm

I have looked at both troy and troy2 and the map structure looks to be the same. Troy2 presumably has some tweaks or cleans up something and it has a freeware copyright clause, whereas the first is more restrictive so I would guess we should go with troy2.

I got my copy from here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If omni will commit to putting it on the server for testing I am willing to try waypointing it. It will take longer than dustplate as it requires scripting, requires setting up waypoints for both blue and red and will require my studying avanti to see how they deal with the fact that there are no distinct sections where defense has time to set up for the next cap. I'm not quite sure yet how to handle sending defenders forward vs holding some back in preparation for the next cap.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Sure, I'm willing! No hurry though. I'll put the map on server then lock it until we get waypoints. But, no hurry on them, just take your time however you feel like doing it.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Anyone willing to make waypoints for junob7 (Attack & Defend Map) ?
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:52 am

buzzin_beatrice wrote:Anyone willing to make waypoints for junob7 (Attack & Defend Map) ?

I'm willing if I can get the troy2 waypoints done and omni is willing to put it on.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:50 pm

sounds good Easykill Smile
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

On troy2 waypointing...

Post by Easykill on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:44 pm

As a follow up to this request and to tie in with my script frustration thread.

I tried constructing the script file many different ways, using a number of different text editors, saving it with a number of different encodings (ansi, unicode, so on), and windows and linux cr/lf standards.
I tried completely typing it from scratch under windows in notepad (except for a copy/paste of the messages themselves) in case there was some issue with using linux text editors. Nothing has worked. The behavior remains the same as I described before.

I checked the messages in the original troy map to see if they were different and we could possibly move to that map. They look to be exactly the same.

I tried to come up with ways to use a single on_msg block (since only the last block is being intercepted), slipping something into an if statement etc. For example, opening up half the map at start and the other half with an on_msg block to see if the bots could be limited to roaming half the map at a time. I see no way to do this while still being able to reset the points when the bots go on offense.

I did complete waypointing the map. It is only preliminary and there are some glitches that would need to be addressed, bots getting hung up in places, sniper positions need to be tweaked etc. I created a new script file that simply opens up all the points at start so that I wouldn't have to go through and reconstruct all the defensive positions and so everything is in place if a solution can be found for a script. Testing the map this way I had some hope that the shifting spawn points might keep the bots more localized but they run all over the map at all times, so it is essentially unplayable without a script.
If omni would like I could post the waypoint file so it is available if a script solution can be found. If that happens I am also willing to tweak and clean up the waypoints if needed.

I apologize to MON3Y. It would be an enjoyable map to play. I did what I could but it just beat me.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:55 pm

My plan going forward is to first try waypointing beatrice's request for junob7, if omni will have a look and decide whether it will be considered for inclusion.

Then ninja storm's valley II request.

Beatrice made her request first.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Easykill wrote:My plan going forward is to first try waypointing beatrice's request for junob7, if omni will have a look and decide whether it will be considered for inclusion.

Then ninja storm's valley II request.

Beatrice made her request first.

Sounds good! I'm also willing to mess with the script file on troy2 if you wanna post waypoints. (I tried the other day, but ending up crashing hl 3 times in a row.. lol) I'm just trying to keep up with you man! hehe Your on top of this stuff and have done wonders for us. Thanks man!!

Also, junob7... is an awesome map!! I didn't even know it existed but it's good!! I'm super excited for this one!!!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks in advance for your doing in this case! I'm glad that you like this map. I played this map a lot on inside.nl servers and it made so much fun to this time. I thought, I do request them for the BB Server Smile

I just checked my TFC folder and found three other good maps for the future, maybe.

Navarone
castleargh2
castleargh3

all those maps are Attack&Defend

Last edited by buzzin_beatrice on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:06 pm

I'll mention that I considered setting up 1-4 command points as defense and 5-8 as offense so that the bots wouldn't populate defensive positions when on offense but decided that shouldn't be much problem and might occasionally be useful. Also we would need a couple of extra command points to track whether red is on offense, as they do in avanti with points 5 and 7, and there are not enough points for all of that. As far as I know you can't define variables of your own in the waypoint scripting.

My testing troy2 scipt looks like the following in order to make sure that the bots have all the points available. Otherwise they will just run around and not populate any of the defensive points. :

on_start
{
red_available_point1
red_available_point2
red_available_point3
red_available_point4
}

I'll also note that I tried replacing the

{
red_notavailable_pointX
red_available_pointX
}
sequences in my real script with just a

{
red_available_only_pointX
}

which should have the same effect as it opens the one point and closes all the others and we only want one command point open at a time.

My suggestion would be that you reconstruct the script file from scratch and not use my script file as a base or copy or paste anything from it as there seems to be some junk in my file that the parser isn't happy with.

Attachments
troy2.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Good news is the junob7 script seems to work and the messages are being recognized.

edit aug 24:
Making good progress. The first half of the map is waypointed and tested and I'm pretty happy with it.
The bots have no trouble falling from the plane and getting off the beach, which bodes well for the next map with the teleport.

update aug 29:
I'm on the last cap 4. I've made most of the major decisions and waypointed most of this cap but have some defensive positions to put into place. Then I'll do a bit of testing and turn it over to omni.

Last edited by Easykill on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 pm

I just added cj2 to the map cycle.

Well, I tried, but Filezilla is giving me an error, or extremely slow today.
I'm gonna give it some time.. It'll be up soon. Sorry yall.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:36 am

I just added cj2 to the map cycle.

OmniDragon wrote:Well, I tried, but Filezilla is giving me an error, or extremely slow today.
I'm gonna give it some time.. It'll be up soon. Sorry yall.

thanks, I played cj2 today morning and it feels good.

Easykill wrote:Good news is the junob7 script seems to work and the messages are being recognized.

can't wait.. bounce
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 am

buzzin_beatrice wrote:can't wait.. bounce

Me either!! Junob7 looks to be a fan favorite! It's awesome!!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:59 am

I am posting an updated troy2 waypoint file since omni fixed the scripting and got things working.

I cleaned up a few places the bots were getting hung up on 4 and an unconnected waypoint I left lying around.

I also removed the sg position on point 1 in the corner of the first entrance as it was very vulnerable against people coming through the top way and I feel the bottom way will be well defended with all the bots pouring through to try to get to the flag point.

I made minor tweaks to path positioning in a few other places.

What do you feel are the obvious weaknesses, omni, and we'll discuss whether there are any reasonably simple ways to address them. I see no simple way to address the bots racing for the flag positions. This has some benefits and keeps pressure on the offense but it also means the defensive positions aren't populated as well as I would like. I've been thinking about ways to deal with this but any way I devise, with setting certain paths with command points and not leaving them open all the time, has disadvantages that outweigh the benefits.

I feel its close to being ready to give it a test run and then we'll try to deal with the major weak points.
Attachments
troy2.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0N3Y on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh man troy2 was sweet! Very clever idea for the "gift" inside the Trojan Horse! horse
M0N3Y
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzin_beatrice on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:33 pm

OH YES! Never played troy2 before and I was suprised how f**king epic this map is. rockout

Some old treasures (found on CD-Disk ..lol)

Turin (Invade&Defend) >Avanti textures<
Kandahar (Invade&Defend) >Desert textures<

just uploaded on 2shared
buzzin_beatrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: