Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Map request topic

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Map request topic

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Bruno29625 wrote:how about FIXING the HUMAN idiot engies and demo's lol3 toliet

LOL! That might take some time. lol!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 pm

haste!

This is a map both offense and defensive humans can enjoy. Very fast paced for the offense. Two bases, CTF, with a unique internal base and ways in. The yard has a bunch of small hills in it that people can rampslide on to get some crazy speed.

There will be some silliness out of the bots, which i'm sure everyone will see, in terms of the hole that can be blown but overall it was worth keeping the silliness to add the extra dimension of incoming bots from another side.

Lots of sniping and engi potential as well. Hope everyone likes it, let me know!
Attachments
haste.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is this the map?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Yessir! I'm sorry i didn't even think to provide a link. But that's the one.

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:09 pm

Ok, putting it up now Very Happy
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:07 am

It doesn't show in the list, was there problems?

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sun May 05, 2013 8:54 am

To update:

The following maps were approved and are waiting to be loaded. They have waypoints provided by foxbot (or I can bundle them into a download here if the default waypoint files have been deleted):

crude_control
2morfort
yeger_wig

--------------------------------------------

I have also received a number of requests for consideration on the server from different people. I have searched out some possible links for them:

1. dva_disasterzone:

2. letgo_3 This is a lego land looking version of dustbowl:

3.high flag:

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Tue May 07, 2013 5:36 pm

I've played high flag in the past. It's going to be weird because the flag is in an elevated position that's only attainable by concing or rocket jumping. I can do it, i just wonder if the bots are going to feel the odds are stacked against them. Defensively both humans and bots can enjoy. I can give that one a go if you'd like, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work. I don't think it will take long, most of the time will take getting creative more than worrying about paths, etc. Just lemme know. I haven't seen the other maps yet.

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Thu May 09, 2013 5:49 pm

If you feel like working on that map Wampa, sounds good to me, I also uploaded yeger_wig. I couldn't find the map files and such for crude_control.. I searched a few places but came up empty handed. Also, for 2morfort it looks like our phantom bug came out again and it's only letting me upload the partial map somehow.. I'll try again, I hope this doesn't turn into another siege!

Wampa wrote:It doesn't show in the list, was there problems?

Oh sorry I didn't see this before, umm, it all looks fine from my end. I'll hop on the server and see if I can nominated it. I take it your talking about haste, right?
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Thu May 09, 2013 8:01 pm

haste is fine. We have been playing it.

You can get crude control here:

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Thu May 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Easykill wrote:
You can get crude control here:

Thank you sir!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 pm

We played yeger wig and the bots are almost all coming through the water. Money agreed that it needed work there. If you want me to I can tinker around with it.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Fri May 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Sure, if you got the time. I guess the ones that were preloaded were pretty basic.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 pm

We played crude control. After yeger wig I'm going to look at the crude control waypoints as the bots weren't very aggressive.

The big problem, though, is that the bots were spawning on blue as well as red. Money reloaded the map to confirm that it wasn't just a glitch. Any idea what could be happening?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 am

Yeah, it had it's own script file and I just noticed they went so far as to have one that overrode our server configs. It should be fixed now, but it's late so I can't confirm they are acting better.. But that should have fixed it.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat May 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Here are the restructured yeger wig waypoints for testing.

Attachments
yeger_wig.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat May 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Here are the modified waypoints for crude_control. There is some strangeness involved with this one.

The cap points didn't have any flag designations so I added them. This has made them much more aggressive in capping the points.

The script that was included doesn't make sense. It turns on points 3 in the blue base for red and the debug information shows this. The bots should not even be going after the middle based on this information but they do anyway. I don't understand why but I'm not going to fight it as it works out ok. Also they will never try to recap the points in their base if the enemy caps them. This shouldn't have a significant effect on game play.

There is a unique message when the enemy caps a point but there is no unique message when we cap (it is the same as one of the multiple messages sent when the enemy caps). So I can't come up with a good way to turn off control points once the bots cap them. So they will run over them again even if they have been capped. It may not be a major problem though.

I have tried a number of approaches, such as removing the script and the control points from the caps, but the gameplay was likely to be worse and the bots became fixated with the central flag points. So, although it doesn't really work right, I am leaving the control points and the script unchanged, since the results are reasonable compared to the alternatives. I think it will still play decently.

I also added a better way to jump down to the center area, restructured the sg points, and added walk points over the lines connecting the tanks in the center so the bots aren't constantly falling off.
Attachments
crude_control.fwp.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon May 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Upped both of them.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Mon May 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Good stuff easykill. I have been tinkering with highflag but it's fighting back. I'll get it eventually, just wanted to let ya'll know i'm still working on it when i can. I've deleted twice and started from scratch, only to have a new set of stubborn bots give me the finger. confused

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon May 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Wampa wrote: I have been tinkering with highflag but it's fighting back. I'll get it eventually, just wanted to let ya'll know i'm still working on it when i can. I've deleted twice

ok, If you have any questions or are frustrated by something just post in the waypointing help thread. I might be able to give suggestions to get around the problem.

A number of people said they liked crude control a lot so it may get played quite a bit. It plays pretty well as does yeger_wig. So I'm going to consider those finished unless someone has a particular complaint about them. You said 2morfort was giving you trouble omni so the only things left to be done for now are to give yea or nay on

1. dva_disasterzone:

2. letgo_3 This is a lego land looking version of dustbowl:

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Sure, I'm game for those. Everyone seems liking the change-up.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, this map is disappointing from a waypointing standpoint. It might be fun for humans but i dunno. Not sure if you guys have looked at the map to know what i'm talking about. Given the scenario with the map itself i don't see much challenge since the bots don't always conc/rj to where you tell them to. That said, they tend to hang out beneath the flag more than they do going for it. It could be fun but it's never gonna be a challenge. Up to the voters to decide!
Attachments
high_flag.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm

I forgot, i made waypoints for this map a few weeks ago. I think this one is going to be enjoyable for all parties.

res file (I don't know what a res file is)

map

attached waypoints
Attachments
destroy_l.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Thu May 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Wampa wrote:I forgot, i made waypoints for this map a few weeks ago. I think this one is going to be enjoyable for all parties.

Thanks! Also, It helps a lot if you post where I can get the map files, but don't forget the server needs not only the map, but the sounds, gfx, and all other associated files or it'll just crash on map change.

This one comes with waypoints somehow, but I'll use the ones you posted!

Thanks again! Smile

Update: I uploaded destroy_l and high_flag. Got letgo_3 on standby. Smile
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I was going to hold off a few weeks on the last two maps unless you want to get them up right away. There have been quite a few new maps released in a short time and I'm afraid they aren't all going to get played much if there are too many put out at once. I thought it might be a good idea to let people digest the new ones a bit.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum