Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of =BB= Bot Busters =BB= on your social bookmarking website

Map request topic

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Map request topic

Post by Easykill on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:43 pm

wompa I split the posts for waypointing advice to another thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Ready to test siege. Might need to change things around. Right now they heavily favor the water access on ingress, the front door on egress. I think this may work out well but I can't be sure. There is no script file.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the siege.bsp to load, everything else was fine. Not a new problem, but still annoying lol. I'll try again later tonight.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:17 pm

haven't been able to get feedback on siege yet. We voted it up but the server crashed on the map change. Don't know if it was a one off or if there is something wrong.

Others have confirmed that the map is crashing.
You said you had trouble loading it before. Did you delete whatever had already been uploaded of the map and waypoints and try reloading it? Perhaps we could try the map without the waypoint file and see if it is the map itself or something about the waypoint file that is the problem. If the map works without the waypoint file then I will first try posting the file again and, if that doesn't work, I am willing to scrap the file and start over with the waypoints on it.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 am

It's not the waypoints, it's the base .bsp, sadly, I've tried uploading it many times now.. and several different ways. I'm not sure why it's not wanting to take it, and the worse part is it's only the map file. Without fail it get's to a certain point and stops. Example the .bsp file on my computer is about 5mb, the one that loads on the server is only about 3mb. I'll keep you all posted when I finally get it uploaded.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Is there any way to upload it compressed and then decompress it on the server?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:57 pm

If I upload it compressed, I'll have to send in a support ticket and have the server team decompress it. So that's gonna be my next option I think. They may be a little confused why I'm asking them to decompress a .bsp lol!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:28 pm

ok, I can understand why you wouldn't want to do that.

If it doesn't work then it doesn't work. Maybe just keep it in the pipeline and try down the road?

I'll work on the next map this week.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Oh yeah, I'll definitely keep trying It. This thing is going up one way or another! Wink

easy says sorry I accidentally edited your post rather than posting in mine
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Is there any possibility that you are running up against the service's storage limits?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 am

That thought crossed my mind too, So I deleted a few maps that we weren't using/nobody likes.. Seemed to not help. I think I'm gonna empty a few of the log files. Those things are getting huge.. gb after gb!
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Evenflow is ready for testing. I used the foxbot included waypoints as a base but modified them significantly and added a script, which was missing from the original.

Edit: I'm doing a poor job of checking whether waypoints are already available or not. Yeger_wig already has waypoints included with foxbot as well.

So the updated situation is as follows:

crude_control
2morfort
yeger_wig

are already done and ready to be loaded.

wampa is working on ko_myth.

I'm going to leave the remaining waterwar for the time being as there are a number of maps in the waiting line and wampa might want to work on another map.

Attachments
evenflow.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:13 pm

No doubt, once i really nail it i'd be happy to help with others. Awesome job getting those others done!

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

I think i have myth done but would obviously like to see it tested somehow. One question, what about dropped flags off the beaten path? Do the bots know to stray off their pathways to go get it?
Attachments
ko_myth_5v5.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Wampa wrote:I think i have myth done but would obviously like to see it tested somehow. One question, what about dropped flags off the beaten path? Do the bots know to stray off their pathways to go get it?

Did you reload the map and test it by spawning 16 bots using the q key and check that they are running and capping the flag and setting up sgs and not getting hung up anywhere? If they are basically behaving reasonably then omni will load them on the server so we can try them out with a group of people.

When they drop flags they are capable of running off path to get the flag but they may not do that, depending on how far away the flag is. They are supposed to know where the flag is but they don't aggressively go after it once it is out of its starting location. There isn't much you can do about that.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:34 pm

I loaded it up and had them running where they should be, as far as I could tell it looked pretty straight forward. Only thing standing out to me was that i would occasionally see them returning towards their own base without a flag. But for the most part they piled up where the flag's default position is and waited for the cap. I didn't see any hangups though. Now i'm scared that it's going to get on the server and ya'll are going to make fun of me for sucking! lol Obviously if it doesnt go well i can go back and edit a path or two or try to change their respective M.O.'s but i think it will run ok!?!

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Nah way, there may be some that will grip, but the majority will be grateful for your efforts. I'm still having trouble with the last map that was done.. Still working out that issue.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 am

People may simply not like a particular map but they aren't going to make fun of you for the waypoints. You can always tweak them if there are weaknesses. I have done this.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 pm

I know they won't sincerely make fun of me, just kidding. I'm always open for some constructive criticism though, so lemme have it if you come up with anything.

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Quick update here: I've upped ko_myth_5vs5 and evenflow for a run.
Here's an update on siege.. I had to buy a new hard drive for my little laptop, so fresh installed windows, filezilla, and downloaded siege from a new source.. Went to upload the .bps file again.. it got to 78.8% and stopped, again! I'm not sure we'll ever get that map up, which is sad.. it's a really good map. Anyways at least the other two went up fine.. This completely boggles my mind.. I may have to zip it and ask xenon to decompress it from there side.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Are you able to try something other than filezilla?

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Haven't played ko_myth yet as they had just played it when I came on. They said it was hard.

Did play evenflow. From the sg positions it looks like the waypoint file is loaded but the bots aren't leaving the base and are running around aimlessly, which leads me to believe the script file isn't loading. If you could check this as soon as possible that would be good, as people are not patient and are already complaining that they don't like the map.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniDragon on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:16 am

Easykill wrote:Haven't played ko_myth yet as they had just played it when I came on. They said it was hard.

Did play evenflow. From the sg positions it looks like the waypoint file is loaded but the bots aren't leaving the base and are running around aimlessly, which leads me to believe the script file isn't loading. If you could check this as soon as possible that would be good, as people are not patient and are already complaining that they don't like the map.

Yeah, I added it to the wrong directory, sorry about that.. I just fixed it.
OmniDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Easykill on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:24 pm

ok evenflow seems to be working correctly now. Haven't played it with a big group. With a small group of 4-6 we couldn't get very far so I think it will be ok.

Played ko_myth. Like the map. You did a good job wampa. It's tough if you don't have enough. should be a good trapping map.

Easykill
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Hey! Thanks. Smile Yeah, i got to play both of the above mentioned also. myth was a disaster until we pulled together with some strategery! Noone was liking it but as time progressed we ended the map by having all the bots pinned in their spawn. lol it was awesome.

Evenflow played nicely too, i think we had about 10ish people and were able to cap so i think that's a success as well! Smile

When I get some freetime again i'd like to start waypointing another map.

Wampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum